Sculpting applications, an amazing alternative to casting
We welcome the opportunity to work with sculptors - in virtually any medium, with very few exceptions. An original piece can be readily turned into a production run in copper, bronze, silver, gold etc. The process uses no high tem max 30 deg C the metal forms come ready finished as there is no need for "runners and risers" as in casting.
And in far greater detail than in casting.
Size is of little relevance though any part over approximately 1800mm by 400mm x 400mm will require special tooling.
At Morganic Metal Solutions we can produce a mould on which engineering wax is vacuum and pressure cast. These are then encapsulated and the wax removed for reuse. [Note - this is not to be confused with lost wax metal casting.] The resultant form is fully detailed, very strong and lightweight. If required additional weight may be easily added: however the hollow form has an additional dimension available by revealing the interior.
We have a passion for art and are enthusiastic about working with you, to create artwork that is impossible to achieve any other way.
Now, if you choose to read on please clear your mind of all preconceived ideas about working in metal.
Forget for a moment all you know about sheet metal work beating, folding welding etc.
Forget all you know about casting and making concessions on your work to make it suitable for casting.
Forget about machining, fabricating or conventional metal working in any way - now read on.
At Morganic Metal Solutions we can work on all sorts of strange materials that would NOT normally be considered a sculptural media.
- Drip wax (not metal) - put metal on and then remove wax. The form is up to you. (Note – we can offer a ‘clay’ wax, it works just like clay at the temperature of warm water)
- Fabric of all sorts – dipped in a water based varnish, wrung out and blotted nearly dry, then draped over any form, left to harden and then metalised.
- Paper – origami or whatever! Can be rendered in bronze without any thick bulky areas
- ‘Airfix’ kits – cars, planes – anything you like - can be encapsulated to become a metal option. In silver or gold, they can even be hallmarked
- Natural objects - Bones, skeletons, shells, poppy seed heads.
Anything you can dream up can be produced as a Rapid Prototype and metalised.